2020 Summer Camp
UPDATES (July 27, 2020)
SUMMER CAMP SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
(Updated July 23) Our goal is to ensure a safe and fun summer camp! In response to recent public health concerns and guidance from the CDC and ADHS, the following changes will be implemented at this year’s summer camp:
- Group sizes will be limited to 13 children per camp Group Leader (Normal maximum ratio under ADHS regulations is 20 to 1)
- Children will only interact with those in their own group; there will be no activities which combine groups or members of different groups.
- A nurse will be on campus throughout the day. A health screening will be conducted with every person entering camp - including staff and children. Those with symptoms or significant risk factors will not be allowed on campus. In addition to the initial health screening, all children and adults at camp will have their temperature taken again twice each day.
- All staff members will be provided with masks and gloves, and hand washing and sanitizing routines will be increased. All campers and staff will be required to wash/sanitize their hands at every transition. Children will also be required to wear masks except during designated times when safe physical distancing can be maintained.
- Drop-off and pick-up procedures will be altered to minimize in-person contact.
- All off-campus field trips have been cancelled, while on-campus games and activities have been expanded with the goals of making sure that everyone who comes in contact with your child has been screened and to avoid uncontrollable health hazards in public spaces.
- Social distancing and proper hygiene will be emphasized throughout each day.
- Children sent home with a fever must now be fever-free for 72 hours before returning to camp.
Summer Camp Information