GOOD NEWS! IN AUGUST 2021 QUALIFYING FAMILIES MAY BEGIN USING D.E.S. CHILDCARE SUBSIDIES FOR TUITION PAYMENT!
Pre-Registration for the 2021-2022 school year is now closed. Contact Preschool Registrar Norma Chisolm via email or phone 623-535-6068 for information on any remaining available spots in full-day or half-day preschool.
Preschool Summer Camp registration is now open in DayCareWorks. Rather than being a preschool group at summer camp, this will be a continuation of our preschool early learning program that our students enjoy during the school year. For information, please visit our preschool registration page.
The information below applies to all Community Education Preschool classes. For information on Developmental Preschool classes please contact the Preschool Registrar.
Families of LESD Preschoolers
We currently offer preschool five days per week. If your child is registered for LESD preschool and you have not been receiving our email notices, please contact us via email.
Preschool Health and Safety Measures
For the 2021-2022 School Year: Per ADHS/BCCL regulations preschool classes will be limited to no more than thirteen children per adult, and no more than 26 children per classroom.
- Students are required to wear a mask or face shield except when eating, playing outdoors, napping or when seated at least six feet apart (or 3 feet apart with a divider between them).
- For Full-Day preschool we provide one nap mat sheet and parents are asked to provide another so that the mat sheets can be washed more often.
For questions regarding preschool registration please contact Norma via email or phone at 623-535-6068.
For billing questions please contact Sandra or Angela via email phone 623-535-6046 / 623-535-6052.
what makes our preschool so exceptional?
- All LESD preschool teachers are licensed and certified through the Arizona Department of Education or credentialed through an accredited early childhood licensing program. All have at least an associate's or bachelor's degree and many have master's degrees. Certified teachers have completed at least a four-year university program, a rigorous internship and student-teaching experience, passed state professional knowledge exams, and have complied with the training and experience requirements from the Arizona Department of Education Certification Unit. Certified teachers sign year-long contracts, meaning that the important teacher/student relationship is likely to continue throughout the entire school year.
- Our preschools focus on developmentally appropriate learning opportunities within a social setting through the use of engaging structured play experiences and research-proven curricula.
- LESD proudly offers a high quality, standards-based Preschool Program which is licensed through the Arizona Department of Health Services. This hands-on, interactive program is geared to the developmental stages of three-, four- and five-year-old children in a multi-age classroom setting.
- Our preschool program focuses on kindergarten readiness and serves as an exceptional opportunity to prepare your child for our "A" rated school district.
- Nutritious snacks are provided and included in the monthly tuition.
- We use the award-winning Fundations literacy component in our preschool classrooms.
- Our fun and engaging Extended Day program is included for full-day preschool students, starting at 6:00 AM and ending at 6:00 PM.
half -day and full-day
- Belen Soto Elementary School, All-Day 8:15 AM - 3:15 PM
- Dreaming Summit Elementary School, All-Day 8:15 AM - 3:00 PM
- Litchfield Elementary School, All-Day 7:35 AM - 2:20 PM
- Litchfield Elementary School, Half-Day AM 7:35 AM - 10:30 AM, PM 11:30 AM - 2:20 PM
- Mabel Padgett Elementary School, All-Day 7:40 AM - 2:25 PM
- Palm Valley Elementary School, All-Day 7:30 AM - 2:15 PM
- Rancho Santa Elementary School, Fe Half-Day AM 7:40 AM - 10:30 AM, PM 11:35 AM - 2:25 PM
- Scott L. Libby Elementary School, Half-Day AM 8:20 AM - 11:10 AM, PM 12:15 PM - 3:05 PM
- Verrado Elementary School, All-Day 7:40 AM - 2:25 PM
- Verrado Elementary School,Half-Day AM 7:40 AM - 10:35 AM, PM 11:35 AM - 2:25 PM
- Verrado Heritage Elementary School, All-Day 8:15 AM - 3:15 PM
Call 623-535-6068 to inquire about possible enrollment openings.
For Special Education Transportation questions please call 623-547-1575 / 623-547-1576 (Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM).