The information below applies to all Community Education Preschool classes. For information on Developmental Preschool classes please contact the Preschool Registrar.
Families of LESD Preschoolers
We currently offer preschool five days per week. f your child is registered for LESD preschool and you have not been receiving our email notices, please contact us via email.
Tuition: Billing for the remaining days of preschool in the month of October will be emailed out on October 14, and billing for November will occur at the end of October. For October, you will only be billed for the number of days available in the hybrid format you chose, plus the five days from October 26 to 30.
Preschool Health and Safety Measures
Full-day preschool classes will be separated into two groups in separate rooms when enrollment is significantly larger than 13 student, with no more than 13 students in each group. These groups will rotate from one class to the other part-way through the day so that both have the opportunity to receive direct instruction from the teacher, while in the other room deliberately planned play-based learning activities will be provided by the assistant.
Half-Day preschool classes are limited to thirteen children in the morning session and another thirteen in the afternoon session. .
- Students will be required to wear a mask or face shield except when eating, playing outdoors, napping or when seated at least three feet apart.
- For Full-Day preschool we will provide one nap mat sheet and parents will be asked to provide another so that the mat sheets can be washed more often.
Students in Half-Day preschool will now attend five days per week, Monday through Friday, instead of the Monday - Thursday schedule used previously. Consequently, tuition will increase from $265/month to $325/month.
- Based on current enrollment: The full-day classes at Dreaming Summit Elementary and Corte Sierra Elementary have been combined into one class at Dreaming Summit. Also, the Half-Day PM (afternoon) classes at Barbara Robey Elementary and Rancho Santa Fe Elementary have been combined into one class at Rancho Santa Fe Elementary.
Preschool tuition will initially be prorated at the daily rate, based on the number of days of in-person services offered in the month.
For questions regarding preschool registration please contact Norma via email or phone at 623-535-6068.
For billing questions please contact Sandra or Angela via email phone 623-535-6046 / 623-535-6052.
what makes our preschool so exceptional?
- All LESD preschool teachers are licensed and certified through the Arizona Department of Education. All have at least a bachelor's degree and many have master's degrees. Certified teachers have completed at least a four-year university program, a rigorous internship and student-teaching experience, passed state professional knowledge exams, and have complied with the training and experience requirements from the Arizona Department of Education Certification Unit. Certified teachers sign year-long contracts, meaning that the important teacher/student relationship is likely to continue throughout the entire school year.
- Our preschools focus on developmentally appropriate learning opportunities within a social setting through the use of engaging structured play experiences and research-proven curricula.
- LESD proudly offers a high quality, standards-based Preschool Program which is licensed through the Arizona Department of Health Services. This hands-on, interactive program is geared to the developmental stages of three-, four- and five-year-old children in a multi-age classroom setting.
- Our preschool program focuses on kindergarten readiness and serves as an exceptional opportunity to prepare your child for our "A" rated school district.
- Nutritious snacks are provided and included in the monthly tuition.
- We use the award-winning Fundations literacy component in our preschool classrooms.
- Our fun and engaging Extended Day program is included for full-day preschool students, starting at 6:00 AM and ending at 6:00 PM.
half -day and full-day
- Belen Soto Elementary School, All-Day 8:15 AM - 3:15 PM
- Dreaming Summit Elementary School, All-Day 8:15 AM - 3:00 PM
- Litchfield Elementary School, All-Day 7:35 AM - 2:20 PM
- Litchfield Elementary School, Half-Day AM 7:35 AM - 10:30 AM, PM 11:30 AM - 2:20 PM
- Mabel Padgett Elementary School, All-Day 7:40 AM - 2:25 PM
- Palm Valley Elementary School, All-Day 7:30 AM - 2:15 PM
- Rancho Santa Elementary School, Fe Half-Day AM 7:40 AM - 10:30 AM, PM 11:35 AM - 2:25 PM
- Scott L. Libby Elementary School, Half-Day AM 8:20 AM - 11:10 AM, PM 12:15 PM - 3:05 PM
- Verrado Elementary School, All-Day 7:40 AM - 2:25 PM
- Verrado Elementary School,Half-Day AM 7:40 AM - 10:35 AM, PM 11:35 AM - 2:25 PM
- Verrado Heritage Elementary School, All-Day 8:15 AM - 3:15 PM
Spaces are limited to students living within the LESD boundaries. Call 623-535-6068 to inquire about possible enrollment openings.
For Special Education Transportation questions please call 623-547-1575 / 623-547-1576 (Monday - Friday 7:30 AM - 3:30 PM).