The Litchfield Elementary School District does not tolerate bullying. Resources are available for parents and students if you suspect someone has been bullied.
How do I report bullying?
- Tell a teacher, principal, student advisor or any staff member on campus
- Tell parents or a family member
- Tell any adult you know and trust
- Complete a Bullying Incident Report Form and return it to your school’s front office
- Call Litchfield's SafeSchools Alert Line at 623-207-1768 or submit information via the SafeSchools Alert website.
- Additional resources can be found at http://www.stopbullying.gov
SafeSchools Alert Phone Line 623-207-1768
In order to maintain the safest learning environment, the Litchfield Elementary School District offers a 24-hour SafeSchools Alert Line for students, parents and community members to anonymously report incidents or suspicious activity.
Student Emergency Notification System
The Litchfield Elementary School District has an automated alert and notification service to help keep parents informed. This service is called the Student Emergency Notification System (SENS) and enables the District to communicate with parents about emergency situations and important issues impacting your child. The system allows us to send personalized voice messages to your family’s home, work or cell phones.
It is very important to keep your phone information updated so that you will receive these calls. When calls are made using the notification system, please note the following message delivery notes:
- When a call comes from the automated notification system, the caller ID will display a District phone number (623-535-6099) if it is an event or notification call.
- All emergency notification calls will come from the District Office. When a call comes from the system, please do not hang up and call the number on the caller ID; it’s important to listen to the message first as detailed information will be given through the automated system. It is difficult for the District to answer individual calls from thousands of parents if you hang up before the message is delivered. We will always communicate the final outcome of any emergency situation.
- When listening to a message, please be aware that background noise will cause the system to stop and start. It is carefully calibrated to determine whether a person or an answering machine/voicemail has been reached, and background noise may affect the delivery. If possible, move to a quiet area, or press the “mute” button on your phone.
- If you missed a phone call, please listen to your voicemail or answering machine for messages.
To ensure that you are notified if there is an emergency at your child's school, the District needs current and accurate mailing addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of the primary contact person. Please be sure to update this information on a yearly basis by completing the Student Change of Information Form each year. Also, if you move or change phone numbers, please notify the school and provide accurate contact information immediately.
How do I report an incident of bullying?
Student and Parent Resources