LESD blasted off on this mission in August, 2011! The training and energy spread like wildfire through every department and school in our District. We kicked off our mission by watching an amazing video done by a fifth grader named Dalton Sherman, who asked, "Do You Believe in Me?" Our next step on the mission was to define our beliefs! We did this by answering the following questions:
- What would it look like and feel like if everyone whole-heartedly believed in each and every one of our students?
- What would it look like and feel like if everyone whole-heartedly believed in themselves?
- What would it look like and feel like if everyone whole heartedly believed in their colleagues and leaders?
The answers to those questions shaped and defined our belief system here at LESD. We BELIEVE that smiles, laughter, high expectations and well-planned lessons are just a few of the actions that show our students that we BELIEVE in them every day! We BELIEVE that networking, teaming, mentoring and spreading happiness and joy are a few examples of how we show that we BELIEVE in ourselves! Supporting our colleagues, sharing ideas, participating in professional dialogue, being an enthusiastic team member and celebrating successes are ways to show our colleagues and leaders that we BELIEVE in them!
We constantly refuel our mission by revisiting our beliefs, doing team building activities, and sending Rock-Its when we experience staff members who are living and breathing their beliefs!
If you see an amazing crossing guard, student transporter, teacher or any LESD employee living these beliefs, feel free to send a "Rock-It" to them.
Themes each year:
- 11/12 - Mission Believe
- 12/13 - Excellence to the Core
- 13/14 - Power of Positive Influence
- 14/15 - Unite to Ignite
- 15/16 - Infinite Impact
- 16/17 - Destination Transformation, A Century of Strength
- 17/18 - Our Family, Strong and Connected
- 18/19 - Rise UP!
- 19/20 - EmPOWERed
- 20/21 - Miss10n Believe
- 21/22 - Brilliant Resilience
Mission Believe Rock-its
Launch a Rocket to Recognize Teacher and Staff Excellence
Do you know teachers and staff members who have gone the extra mile to help your child, make a difference in your school, or promote Litchfield's Mission Believe philosophy?
Recognize excellence by clicking here to launch a Mission Believe Rock-It.