The Role of the School Nurse
Your school nurse strives to help keep students healthy and in school. The nurse is available to help with your child's medical needs. The nurse also provides the following services:
- Annual vision and hearing screenings for students. If your child does not pass a screening, you will receive a referral from the nurse. Please follow up with the appropriate health care provider and communicate those findings back to the school nurse.
- First aid to injured and/or sick students.
- Administers medications.
- Administers necessary medical procedures as coordinated with parents and health care providers to maintain student health and participation in school curriculum and activities.
- Communicates with parents regarding health issues of their children.
- Trains and supports teachers, staff and students regarding health-related issues.
- Maintains school health records to include immunizations and reports communicable diseases as required by law.
Beginning of the School Year Information
For any student that will need to have a supply of medication at school, please bring the medication in BEFORE the first day of school. The school nurse will be available the week before school starts to receive medications. Medications can be brought into the school nurse throughout the school year. No student may carry any type of medication to or from school. An adult must bring medications into the nurse's office.
End of the School Year Information
If your child has medication at school, it will need to be picked up on or before the last day. Any medications that are not picked up will be disposed of one week after the end of the school year.
Directory of School Nurses
|Barbara B. Robey Elementary||Nichole Chavez, LPN||623-547-1418|
|Belen Soto Elementary||Jill Smith, RN||623-547-3418|
|Corte Sierra Elementary||Theresa Haugen, RN||623-547-1018|
|Dreaming Summit Elementary||Whitney Howell, LPN||623-547-1218|
|Litchfield Elementary||Gina Barile, LPN||623-535-6118|
|Mabel Padgett Elementary||Kathy Gorchesky, RN||623-547-3218|
|Palm Valley Elementary||Linda Ragab, LPN||623-535-6418|
|Rancho Santa Fe Elementary||Christie Brown, RN||623-535-6518|
|Scott L. Libby Elementary||Jennifer Webb, LPN||623-535-6218|
|Verrado Elementary||Lisa Carr, LPN||623-547-1618|
|Verrado Heritage Elementary||Casey Martinez, LPN||623-547-3318|
|L. Thomas Heck Middle||Stacey Schubert, LPN||623-547-1718|
|Verrado Middle||Wendy Stockman, RN||623-547-1318|
|Western Sky Middle||Elizabeth Bartolac, RN||623-535-6318|
|Wigwam Creek Middle||Cynthia Rockwell, LPN||623-547-1118|