COVID-19 Bus Procedures
Bus Safety (Litchfield Elementary School District)
· Clean and disinfect frequently.
· Maintain 6ft of physical distancing if possible.
Litchfield Transportation’s Plan
- Student Transporters and Monitors will disinfect the vehicle after morning, mid-day, and afternoon routes (See Vehicle Information below). When feasible, and time permitting, vehicles will be disinfected between runs using a 75% alcohol cleaning wipe.
- Will ensure students are seated in assigned seats, with siblings from the same household seated together.
- Staff will wear disposable gloves when needed to attend to students/passengers while on the school bus (Monitors will change gloves between attending to students to mitigate cross-contamination).
Cleaning / Disinfecting of Vehicles
- Each morning upon arrival, Student Transporters will enter the vehicle and disinfect the school bus using the district product titled 700 Disinfectant Cleaner (provided through the Waxie® Sanitary Supply) before conducting a thorough Pre-Trip Inspection on the vehicle.
- Student Transporters will then execute the morning routes for each bus (generally consisting of 2-3 schools per route), which takes an average of 2.4 hours each morning.
Upon return to the Transportation Department, Student Transporters will:
Conduct a thorough Post-Trip of the school bus as directed by the Arizona Minimum Standards for School Buses.
- Place every other window down on each side of the bus for fresh air to circulate throughout the vehicle.
- Clean the vehicle
- Disinfect using the 700 Disinfectant Cleaner product to high touch areas (seats, handrails, dash, driver’s compartment, and doors) before clocking out for the morning shift.
The process listed through above will be repeated for all Mid-Day routes.
Upon returning to clock in for the afternoon shift, Student Transporters will:
- Perform an afternoon Pre-Trip on the vehicle, as directed by LESD standards,
- Disinfect the vehicle before leaving the yard to travel to respective schools for afternoon routes.
- Upon return to the Transportation Department, Student Transporters will:
- Conduct a Post-Trip Inspection on the vehicle, as defined by the Arizona Minimum Standards for School Buses.
- Use the 700 Disinfectant Cleaner product to disinfect the buses (including seats, handrails, dash, driver’s compartment, and doors) before clocking out for the evening.
- Windows will remain up and closed after PM routes to secure the bus for the evening.
- Student Transporters will use Cleaning Wipes (75% alcohol formula) between each run after dropping off at school in the AM, or before arriving at schools in the PM on high touch surfaces (handrails, door, top of seats, etc).
- Windows may be open to 1/2 for increased air circulation during seasonal times of year
- Roof hatches will be vented at all times for fresh air to circulate inside the vehicle while using the air conditioning system during warm months.
- Windows will be open at ½ for safety reasons.
- All buses will have clearly visible signage (provided from the CDC) above the driver communicating to parents that students should not enter the school bus with any of the identified symptoms (Visible symptoms include runny nose, cough, shortness of breath, or vomiting).