Governing Board Seat Vacancy
The Litchfield Elementary School District has a vacancy on the Governing Board starting February 1, 2021.
Eligibility requirements to serve on a School District Governing Board:
- A citizen of the United States and resident of Arizona.
- Be 18 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Be a registered voter of the State of Arizona.
- Be a resident of Litchfield Elementary School District for one year prior to the date of appointment.
- Employees of the District and their spouses are not eligible.
- Immediate family members of current Board members who have shared the same household in the last 4 years are not eligible.
The appointed candidate will serve from the date of the appointment until after the November 2022 election canvas is completed. The Governing Board meets every second Tuesday of each month for the regular meeting. The Governing Board may meet on the third or fourth Tuesday of the month for additional meetings as needed. Board members are encouraged to attend District events throughout the year.
In addition, because of concerns surrounding COVID-19, or in the event our offices need to close, you can submit your application electronically to Amy Potapoff or complete the online submission form.
Applications must be received at the LESD District Office or submitted by email no later than 4:00 p.m. on Friday, January 29, 2021.
Please see these documents below:
What does the appointment process look like to fill a Governing Board Vacancy
Please join Jodi Gunning, Superintendent and Danielle Clymer, Governing Board President on Thursday, January 21 from 5:00PM-6:00PM to hear more about the appointment process and serving on the Litchfield Elementary School District Governing Board. Email Amy Potapoff or call 623-535-6017 if you would like to participate virtually.
We will make this time available for any interested candidates to join virtually and ask questions about the appointment process and serving on the Governing Board.